449 Auburn Avenue, NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30312
Our Reach & Impact
The Reading Corner showcases quality children’s books featuring themes that reflect Dr. King’s philosophy of nonviolence and his vision of The Beloved Community. Through this live-streamed program, students and educators have an opportunity to hear books read directly from the authors and get a chance to interact with authors through a moderated questions and answers session.
Reading Corners occur on select Tuesdays with the noted exceptions during the King Holiday Observance Week.
Interactive Civil Rights Talks and Panels
Introduces students to the history of the American civil rights movement through those who lived it! Through this inspirational and interactive experience, students hear from and interact with extended members of the King Family, people who worked with and/or knew Dr. King and Mrs. King, participants from the civil rights movement, and other distinguished scholars and educators.
Interactive Civil Rights Talks and Panels occur on select Thursdays with the noted exceptions during the King Holiday Observance Week.
Learning and Teaching Tools
Visit our Classroom Resources page to gain access to:
- Downloadable lesson plans
- Video library of new content, previous program recordings, and more!
- Virtual tour of the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park
- Reading Resources
Become a Students with King Partner School
- Notifications of all upcoming events related to Students with King and other educational programming from The King Center.
- Notification of special professional development programming for teachers.
- Eligibility for selection to receive a limited number of a children’s book featured on the Reading Corner program.