449 Auburn Avenue, NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30312
As a King Center volunteer, your positive-minded involvement and genuine concern can work wonders! During COVID, our volunteering opprotunities have been suspended for the time being. Please check back with us.
Volunteer opportunities are available in the areas of greeting patrons, calling donors, and serving at the welcome/concierge desks.
Volunteer roles include:
- Welcome Desk/Concierge
- Front Desk
Volunteers who have worked at the King say the greatest benefit they receive is their own sense of accomplishment and personal satisfaction. At the King Center, we recognize our volunteers’ time, talents and dedication with the following:
- Copy of the King Centers Volunteer Quarterly Newsletter
- Invitation to Member only events
- Career and education letters of reference after a minimum of six months of service
In order to volunteer at the King Center, volunteers must meet the following prerequisites:
- Commit to fulfilling a 6 month period of volunteer service with a minimum of 8 hours per month (the equivalent of two 4 hour shifts per month).
- 18 years of age or older
- Complete and pass a criminal background check
- Complete and pass the online volunteer assessment
- Complete a volunteer interview
Ready to volunteer?
We will work with you to place you in a volunteer position that fits your interests, experience, and desired level of patient contact.
For more information, please contact Office of Development.