Group Training Request
For Corporations and Organizations
Thank you for your interest in receiving Nonviolence365® training for your group, organization, or learning Institution. In preparation for your training experience, please read and follow the 3 steps below. We look forward to meeting your training needs.
Step 1: Review Training Options
Nonviolence365 ®: Be Love (6 hours)
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. stated: “What is needed is a realization that power without love is reckless and abusive and that love without power is sentimental and anemic. Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love.” BE LOVE is a growing movement for justice, launched by The King Center. Through this love-centered praxis, we aim to help society answer three critical questions facing humanity: 1) Who must we be? 2) What must we do? 3) What are we to accomplish? Furthermore, this love-centered praxis is undergirded by a multi-pronged call to action: (1) Be Love; (2) Build Community; and (3) Influence and implement policies that promote the creation of a more just, humane, equitable and peaceful world. BE LOVE urges individuals to look at love as a powerful force for good that advances justice for all. Through this 6-hour series, is comprised of the following sessions: Redefining Love, Revolutionary Love and Reconciliatory Love.
During this 6-hour series, participants will:
- Understand how love is connected to justice, based on Dr. King’s definition of justice.
- Explore and convey increased understanding of how love implements the demands of justice.
- Examine and demonstrate one tangible way to exhibit Revolutionary Love.
- Explain at least two steps of nonviolence that precede reconciliation.
- Articulate a tangible way to exhibit Reconciliatory Love.
Delivery Format: Virtual
Nonviolence365 ®: Understanding and Applying Nonviolence (6 hours)
Nonviolence365 speaks to a lifestyle that empowers participants to adopt a nonviolent posture in thought, speech, and action. This training aims to transform the way that individuals approach problems, conflict, tension, and differences by providing the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to constructively act in the spirit of nonviolence. The units of learning include Understanding and Applying Nonviolence and Mobilizing and Organizing
During this 6-hour training, participants will be introduced to:
- The major tenets of Dr. King’s philosophy of nonviolence
- The Six Principles of Nonviolence
- The Six Steps for Nonviolent Social Change
- Tools and tactics for conflict resolution in the workplace, family and community.
Delivery Format: Virtual
Nonviolence365 ®: Advantage (12 hours)
The King Center’s flagship training experience that expands upon Understanding and Applying Nonviolence. Nonviolence365 serves as a mechanism for changing the way that people approach problems, conflict, tension, violence, and differences. During this experience, participants discuss the distinctions between violence and conflict, the types, stages, and styles of conflict, and conflict resolution. Participants also discuss the application of nonviolence in Dr. King’s leadership style.
During this 12-hour training, participants will be introduced to:
- The major concepts of Kingian nonviolence: the Beloved Community, the World House, the Triple Evils, the Six Principles of Nonviolence, and the Six Steps for Nonviolent Social Change.
- The distinctions between violence and conflict, the types, stages and styles of conflict, and to propose collaboration as the most effective approach to conflict resolution.
- Exercises on ways to apply the Six Principles and the Six Steps to personal and social issues.
- The five major campaigns of the civil rights movement as case studies in the application of nonviolence and Kingian leadership
Delivery Format: Face-to-Face or Virtual